Grossglockner High Alpine Road
Visit the highest Mountain of Austria and the longest glacier of the Eastern Alps
Let us take you on a trip beyond the alpine villages of Saalfelden and Zell am See deep into the heart of the Austrian Alps and present you with a spectacular view of Austria's highest mountain (12.457 feet) and over the longest glacier of the Eastern Alps - the Pasterze glacier.
Spend a memorable day...
- ... taking in the beauty of this unique landscape
- ... watching the marmots frolicking in your immediate vicinity
- ... walking the circuit trail "The Wonderful World of the Glockner Meadows", habitat to magnificent flora and fauna
- ... using the most modern and powerful optical appliances to observe the animal world (ibex, griffon, vulture) and mountaineers fighting the elements on their way to this magnificent mountain's peak
- ... enjoying refreshments in one of the cozy mountain huts