Holidays in Grodig
Sourrounded by the green and near Salzburg city
Grodig is located 446 metres above sea level, directly at the base of the majestic Untersberg mountain and only 8 km from the Festival City of Salzburg! Here you'll find yourself surrounded by nature, but yet also just minutes from all the culture the city of Salzburg has to offer.
Fascinating Experiences arround Grödig
The pleasant location from Grödig is an perfect starting point for expeditions to Salzburg and the countryside. By car, bus or taxi your reach easily a lot of sights:
- the palace of Hellbrunn and its trick fountains (4km)
- Hallein and the salt mines at Dürrnberg (6km)
- Salzburg's open-air-museum (10km)
- Berchtesgaden und the lake Königssee (17km)
- lakes an mountains in the Salzkammergut (25km)
- ice-carves in Werfen (42km)
- and a lot more.
On the top of the Mountain - Untersberg
Marble Mill - Witness how rough, uncut marble from the Untersberg is ground into splendid marble balls using water power - just as it has been done for centuries. Just 8 kilometres outside Salzburg lies at the foot of the mountain Untersberg the picturesque village of Grodig.